it wasn’t the most profound piece of advice. In fact I had heard it before and knew it. But the Lord needed me to hear it that day:
“Don’t try to be their friend. What they need is a mother.” Said dear Robbie as sh turned to me at BSF.
Boy was that from the Lord! Profound? Yes!! New? No!
Conviction: I wasn’t being their mother. They need me to have boundaries, set clear expectations, to nurture them, employ them to grow, challenge them in the Lord, show them what walking in faith looks like, feed them, cuddle them, look in their hearts, pray for them, and much more. I was missing the backbone and my kids were feeling it. I was feeling it.
So begins the journey, Lord, what does our routine look like? How can I be faithful to teach them and love them and rest in the fact that you will turn their hearts. How can I provide a sure foundation? By experiencing you first and foremost myself and to boldly live it out each moment of my day. Please Lord give m you Jason as I venture into this unfamiliar territory of motherhood. May there be fruit for your glory alone! Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment