Sunday, May 10, 2015

My First Letter to My Daughter

Dear Sweet One,

Today was a very blessed day, we found out that you are officially a girl! I am overwhelmed with excitement as me and your dad were hoping a praying for a little girl. God is good! He knows the desires of our hearts and answers our prayers! (I also think that Great Grandma Koutsouros or "Yia Yia" had a little influence being face to face with the Lord. About the same time we found out we were pregnant with you, Yia Yia went to be with the Lord. She always said she would pray for a little girl for us.)

As I took some time this afternoon to run errands, the news of you really sank in. The reality that God was giving us you, brought me to tears. Ironically, at the same time the flood gates opened allowing fear to already take root in my heart.  I'm fearful of all the challenges that you will have to face as a women in this world of ours. More so, I'm fearful of how it will hold me accountable needing to be a model for you, finding my identity in the eyes of God and not in those of others or the world. It will be clear I won't be able to be a perfect example for you but by His grace he will reveal this to both of us over time and I pray his mercy will be apparent through my life. I'm already praying against those fears.

My dear daughter, you are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. To me you are already so beautiful. You are so blessed and loved. God has great plans for you my loved one! You are a true gift, a true blessing.

I can't wait to meet you!

Love dearly,
Your mother

No comments:

Post a Comment