I tend to write about all the joyous things and memories that come with being a wife and mother. Absolutely, they are a gift but my heart feels heavy today, even as we are on vacation in beautiful Park City, because what I realize is there is no vacation that could be perfect apart from the heaven I crave where I will be with my Creator apart from all sin. Life, even vacation, entails many responsibilities and hard work in relationship with the people I love.
As a young mom, my work follows me everywhere. My family still needs to eat, kids need to be put to sleep, laundry needs to be done, packing and unpacking for 3 (2 kids and myself) needs to happen, fun needs to be planned, budgeted for and purchased, and on and on. We are only on day 2, so much of the fun is still yet to happen, but oh how much work it is.
In the midst of having 2 very precious, fun and silly kiddos the responsibilities of day in and day out are wearing on me just as Paul's insane work projects are wearing on him. I long to be just with him, have a conversation, be freinds and laugh some on this vacation. I hope to make that happen while we are here as it can be rejuvenating to my soul. I think there is a reason God is a triune God and made us in his image. Oh how I need to go about life with a friend. Thank you Lord for my husband and help me to cherish the short times we have together. Help me too to enjoy my family as we entail our first skiing adeventure.
In your precious name, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment