Lord, I thank you for your loving kindness. That almost 5 years ago I prayed for friends. I confess, I've tried to live most of my life, christian life especially, alone and by myself. My pride let me think I could press forward on this race alone. That I had it taken care of. Thank you for revealing this sin to me. Thank you for even dying for this. I'm so grateful for your forgiveness and willing to go to the cross fo me. But you had other plans for me, a community of friends and now a community of servants that I'm so blessed to live with. You are tearing my pride down each day as I try to grow as a friend. You can't be a good friend and be prideful, it's like oil and water. I have to learn to love the other person as you see them and suffer with them as they suffer. It's hard.
I believe you've made me strong in studying God's word and encouraging others. Please help me to see other ways you have gifted me so I may share that with others.
We have not really embraced Doxa Church as our family. We are still hiding and believing we can do life alone and justifying why that's okay. I ask for your forgiveness Lord and the provision as you lead us during this pilot group to guide us into walking with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Bring together a group of believers who can call each other "family." Please continue to reveal any areas I still am sinning in or deceiving myself about the idea of community.
In Jesus' precious name, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment