Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Fruit of the Spirit

God saves. He does and he does in his own time. He also sanctifies. He is powerful and we are all united in the same spirit.

I can’t change other’s behaviors especially our children. I’ve tried controlling it but I know They are God’s children not my own. He has to change them. I can only be faithful to point them to him and his word and his truths, the good news. It is heartbreaking and trying.

However, praise God because I see fruit!! God’s fruit, not mine. Isaiah reminds me often that he believes. We talk about God’s truth and he says, “mommy, I believe.” But it’s the fruit that bears witness to the God at work, and I’ve seen n abundance of it!!

“Mommy, I know the perfect gift for Mama!” What Isaiah? “A bible!”

He often listens to his “jams” and wants to read the Bible on his own.

He speaks truth. He will answer questions at BSF or church and deeply know them in his heart.

He is a tremendous help and caretaker for his sister. He said he would wake up during the night at Mama and Papas making sure Audrey doesn’t rub her eyes (she just had stent surgery).

The list goes on, those are only a few but what I see is a desire to be in God’s word, hear God’s word and worship him. Thank you Lord for this fruit I see. It’s such an encouragement in my call as a mother of faith. Lord, continue to do a good work him. Draw him to you and mature him into a wise, man of God even at a young age. May he work for your kingdom and see the eternal purpose of his life no matter where you take him. Protect him and keep him. It is an honor to be his mom, thank you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment