Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Praises of a 9 Year Marriage

We have a good marriage but we are sinners full of need of a Savior, need to forgive and ability to extend grace. We have been hiding in our marriage, at least I have been. Recently I learned that to be a woman who fears the Lord, I will need to be bold for my faith! I will need to live a life confident of who God is (my ultimate authority) and walk in his ways, his truth, leading to life! My husband is my leader but he is not my ultimate authority. I, however, am made to be his helpmate. According to John Piper:



I must "help carry it through" according to my gifts!

Last week we had our first, what I would say, successful argument. We don't argue well. We don't love by extending grace, listening to the other person nor making it a safe place to disagree. Me, I struggle because I have trouble processing. I can't even do step 1, processing what I'm struggling with on my own. So now, that's my first goal. I can't sweep it under the rug I must push forward because the purpose of my marriage is to reveal the gospel! I can no longer hide! I must obey God and seek his truth in every instance of my life and marriage! It's time for Paul and I to start fixing our eyes on Jesus, not ourselves.

More on this topic later...

No comments:

Post a Comment