Sunday, November 26, 2017

Lessons from Doxa’s Daniel Series

Daniel is a great picture of living in exile and being a faithful servant- even as a minority- for God’s will and purpose. Here is how I’ve changed:
1. Seeing my place in this life (my family, America, culture, etc) as one in exile. It is clear a Christian worldview is no longer the norm. No longer do people know God or  do those who say they are believers truly know who he is.
2. God is the ultimate King! He puts kings in power and removes them from power. He is ultimately in control. Like Daniel, which king will I serve? The one of our culture or the true king our Lord Jesus Christ? On the same note, I have not earned who I am in life. I’m humbled that God has clearly given me all things and made me to be who I am. He can take this away at any moment.
3. God’s glory and will is always the purpose. He will do whatever it takes to bring his beloved children to his fold. I need to be prepared (know God myself) and be faithful to acknowledge him in all things. I will fall short but when I’m truly confessing I can remember God’s true characteristics. There is peace and boldness found here.
4. In terms of spiritual warfare... Satan will even use my love for God against him. In other words, Pastor Justin mentioned, “knowledge is not neutral. It either brings us to Jesus or away.” My self-righteousness can even happen as I read God’s holy word.
5. Lastly, over the course of the year and mainly from the pulpit my eyes have been opened to naturalism versus a Christiandom worldview. God is clearly revealing to me how many “naturalistic” ideas I (and even the Christian world around me) have adopted. They are comfortable ideas but there is no hope there. I’m grateful that God is opening my eyes to the truth in how I should see the world.

Thank you Lord Jesus! Thank you that you continually pursue me. Like I said above, will these truths help me rest in who you are and who I am and may we continue to walk in relationship, me as a humble sheep allowing you to be my Good Shepherd. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment