Thank you for my son Isaiah, a true gift and delight of my heart. I woke up this morning and looked at him in the eyes, and was just filled with joy from this blessing you have given me. I can't believe he is 3 years old! Thank you for the adventure we have had so far. Although it's been hard, I'm so grateful for every moment. And Lord, I pray we have many more years together to make memories. Help me to guide him to you because you have designed for us abundant joy and there is nothing better.
Thank you for his good health Lord, his funny sense of wit, his strength in body and mind, his eagerness to explore your created world, his endless energy and tender heart. This year will bring so many new adventures as he goes to preschool and becomes a big brother. May you bless him with the prayer of Paul which comes from Ephesians 3:14-21:
"...I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."
"...I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."
Amen!
Side note: Every year 4th of July fireworks are so special as I remember the beginning of labor in preparation for welcoming this little boy. As we sat and watched fireworks this year he asked,"do i get fireworks every year on my birthday?" Luckily I got to smile at him and say "yes, as long as you are in the United States."
![]() |
| Morning breakfast: special order of chocolate chip pancakes and hot chocolate |
![]() |
| Daddy, do it again! |
![]() |
| Lunch and milkshakes at Sonics |
![]() |
| A Happy Birthday celebration with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts and grandma |









No comments:
Post a Comment