Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Dreamer Dreaming (Business Boutique OC 2017)

I’m currently on the plane flying home from an extraordinary trip. I flew to Orange County, CA to attend Dave Ramsey’s Smart Conference and Christy Wright’s Business Boutique. I’m still processing all the information but here are my main takeaways:

1. It's okay to dream. I need to start doing it now.
2. I can no longer let fear get in the way. If I never step out and take risks I will forever be where I am.
3. Dave gave a beautiful example of a very wealthy man being able to take his whole family on a cruise in the Mediterranean and then later buying bicycles as Christmas gifts for the entire organization in Jesus' name. How beautiful!
4. For personal finances- my dreams would be the following:
  • Take my kids on a trip of where Jesus taught and lived on mission.
  • Purchase a house for my college kid(s) to manage while going through college.
  • Be able to take my entire family on trips around the world.
  • Be able to give large in Jesus' name.

5. I do have an interest in running a small business.
6. My small business could either be dance or another avenue of interest I'm not entertaining.
7. Start with the why of your business not the what.
8. I need to look at things I'm already doing that I'm great at and enjoy.
  • I enjoy organizing information, I enjoy critiquing, I enjoy organizing stuff, I enjoy being creative, I enjoy journaling, I enjoy learning, I enjoy creating, I enjoy streamlining information, I enjoy reading and researching books, I enjoy improvement, I enjoy music, I enjoy practicality, I enjoy beauty, I enjoy intentionality, I enjoy nature, I would love to empower, I love being a mom!

9. I want to spend the year being real with myself so I can really narrow down ideas.
10. Do I need to be patient or do I need to be bold?

Brainstorm
Next Action Items:
  • ·      Open a checking account for current dance expenses and profit

If I continue with dance:
  • ·      Do I continue teaching Lisa
  • ·      Do I continue teaching in the u-district?
  • ·      Do I take on a new client? Lindsay? Sophia?
  • ·      Do I try to create 26 pieces of choregraphy?
  • ·      Do I teach kids?
  • ·      Do I teach at Cresecendo?
  • ·      Do I do any extra training?
  • ·      Do I research the Seattle community?
  • ·      Do I explore other creative avenues?

If I explore other avenues:
  • ·      Interior design of our living room or a room
  • ·      Restoring old furniture
  • ·      Building something?
  • ·      Practicing creating graphics
  • ·      Creating curriculum
  • ·      Personal organization skills for women
  • ·      Baking cakes
  • ·      Training teachers
  • ·      Writing a blog
  • ·      Web design


No comments:

Post a Comment