Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Dearest Audrey

Dearest Audrey,

Oh have you grown! You are climbing on everything! You are quick to point out the airplanes in the sky and if nearby you will grab a toy one and make sound effects as you pretend to fly it through the sky. You love to dress up in Isaiah’s spiderman costume. You will bring me different shoes throughout the day (i.e. your princess swim shoes) and have me put them on you. You especially adore your purple puma sneakers. You will most likely be found pulling out toys from your dresser drawers, your baby’s crib, or DVDs and books off the bookcase. Now you can climb up and join us at the big kitchen table. Now we just have to keep you away from Isaiah’s legos. Every so often I will find you trying to twirl around yourself. In the morning when you first see Isaiah you squeal with happiness and sometimes even say his name. You love the water. When I take you swimming you like to jump in, no fear but all giggles. Often I find you have rounded up all the toothbrushes in the house.  For some reason yours is never good enough. If there is a ball in sight, you immediately go to dribble it! At Little Gym your favorite is walking along the balance beam and jumping off as well as hanging and doing circles on the bar.  You will go for the biggest piece of food. Your favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, the Storybook Bible and the Dinosaur sound book. We find you roaring at the bookcase to communicate you would like the dino book. Your favorite place is the slide when visiting the park. You pucker your lips just like me. You discovered puddles this month!


I love the way you look at me when you nurse. I love how you snuggle right into me. I love how you are delighted in running, climbing, dribbling, swinging, and slidding. I love how you gently tap my back when you hug me.  I love how you are enthusiastic about being outside in the beautiful sunshine. I love watching you learn to communicate with new signs and words. I love how you laugh with your brother even when he is being too rough with you. I love how you hold my hand. You are a delightful little soul. You have such joy in even the simplest things. You are truly a blessing and a gift from above. I’m honored to be your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment